Churches & Chapels

K



A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


Kiln Chapel, Slead SykeRef 5-192

King's Church, HalifaxRef 5-176
Occupies the former Park Road Baths. The church began in 1980 and is part of a group of churches in Britain and across the world.

Formerly known as the Calderdale Community Church.

The church offers a wide range of out-reach and community programmes

King Cross Cemetery, HalifaxRef 5-889
This may refer to the burial ground at either King Cross Methodist New Connexion Chapel or St Paul's, King Cross

King Cross Methodist New Connexion ChapelRef 5-K68
Skircoat Moor Road.

Aka Providence Methodist New Connexion Chapel King Cross and King Cross Wesleyan Chapel [1915, 1927].

The New Connexion Chapel, established by the Methodists from Gainest Cottage Sunday School, opened in the former Christ Church, King Cross on 28th December 1840.

It was a daughter chapel of Salem Methodist New Connexion Chapel.

In 1857, a new Sunday School was opened to replace the Gainest Cottage Sunday School.

The Chapel became too small and the building was unsafe. A new building was designed by John & Joseph Leeming in 1875 and opened in 1878.

The organ from the old Chapel was moved to the new building. Details of the organ in the Chapel can be found in the National Pipe Organ Register.

The Sunday School stood to the south.

 
Ministers at the Chapel have included


 

The Chapel closed in January 2007.

The graveyard is still there.

The building has subsequently been used by small businesses, including a fitness centre.

See Charles Haigh, King Cross Manse, Halifax, King Cross Wesleyan Memorial and William Burt Verity

King Cross Methodist New Connexion GraveyardRef 5-604
The graveyard of King Cross Methodist New Connexion Chapel, Skircoat Moor Road.

The Chapel closed in January 2007.

The graveyard is still there

See King Cross Cemetery Monumental Inscriptions

King Cross, Parish ofRef 5-K144
The ecclesiastical parish of King Cross was created in 1845.

As the population of the area grew, in 1889 – and again in 1908 – the Wakefield Diocesan Commission recommended the creation of a new parish. Around 1900, the population of the area was almost 18,000.

It became a Chapelry in 1912.

See St Hilda's Mission, Halifax and St Paul's Church, King Cross

King Cross Vicarage, HalifaxRef 5-815
King Cross Road. The Vicarage for St Paul's Church, King Cross is recorded in 1861 when Rev Edward Snepp and family were there.

James Hector Bowman renamed the house Greycourt

King Cross Wesleyan Chapel, HalifaxRef 5-534
See King Cross Methodist New Connexion Chapel

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, BrighouseRef 5-485
15 Old Lane

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, HalifaxRef 5-472
Boyne Street

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, HalifaxRef 5-857
Leadenhall Street

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, HolmfieldRef 5-456
Shay Lane

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, Sowerby BridgeRef 5-309
Sowerby New Road

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, TodmordenRef 5-482

Krumlin Wesleyan Chapel, BarkislandRef 5-31
The Methodists held their meetings in a room at John Hoyle's Krumlin Mills, Barkisland.

The Chapel was built on land known as Calf Garth.

It opened in 1869.

Closed in 19??.

Demolished in 19??.

A house was built on the site.

See Krumlin Wesleyan Chapel Memorials, Krumlin Wesleyan Chapel, Barkisland MIs, Krumlin Wesleyan Chapel, Barkisland Graveyard and Krumlin Wesleyan Sunday School, Barkisland

Krumlin Wesleyan Graveyard, BarkislandRef 5-624
Krumlin Wesleyan Chapel, Barkisland has gone but the burial ground is still there.

The following people, and/or members of their family, were buried and/or have memorials here:


 

Some of the monumental inscriptions in the graveyard are shown in the CDs entitled Monumental Inscriptions in the Ripponden Area and Halifax Monumental Inscriptions #4

See Wall Nook Primitive Methodist Chapel Memorial


A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


© Malcolm Bull 2020
Revised 20:18 /14th March 2020 / c109_k / 15264

search tips advanced search
site search by freefind