The Halifax & Huddersfield Union Banking Company Limited - aka The Union Bank – was formed in 1836 with the amalgamation of the Halifax and the Huddersfield branches of Rawson's Bank.
In 1869, the annual profits were published: £38,282.
It became a limited company in August 1874 with capital of £500,000 in 25,000 shares – all shares taken by 532 shareholders.
In 1910, the bank merged with the Halifax Joint Stock Bank to become the West Yorkshire Bank.
In 1919, it amalgamated with Lloyds Bank.
There were several local branches of the bank:
See Anthony Bancroft, James Bancroft, Henry Lees Edwards, Holden forgery gang and John Holdsworth
Revised 07:25 /15th March 2018 / kk_186 / 4692
|site search by freefind|