In September 1864, the first branch of the Brighouse Flour & Industrial Society in Commercial Street, Brighouse moved to premises on the south side of King Street. On 26th December 1864, this new Central shop opened for business.
In 1894, A. B. Brook supplied electric lighting for the store.
In 1895, they extended to the other [north] side of the street.
In its heyday, the North side of King Street housed
In 1979, the north store was named Sunwin House.
Sunwin House closed on 4th November 2005.
In 2008, the building was converted into separate retail units
The South side housed
These departments closed, leaving only the food hall which finally closed in 199?. The building became Mackays then M&Co retail clothing store
See Brighouse Co-operative Stores: Stabbing 
Page Ref: KK_210
|site search by freefind|