The Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Company was formed in 1847 when the Manchester & Leeds Railway amalgamated with the Manchester & Bolton Railway, the Liverpool & Bury Railway, and the West Riding Union Railway.
In 1855, the Rochdale Canal company leased the canal for a period of 45 years to a consortium of railway companies of which the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway was the biggest shareholder.
In 1922, the company merged with the London North Western Railway.
In 1923, this became a part of the London, Midland & Scottish Railway.
Beacon Hill Tunnel Bottom Hall Viaduct, Norwood Green Thomas Bradley Chambers Charlestown Viaduct, Halifax Coal Drops, Sowerby Bridge Copley Viaduct Dean Head Light Railway Elland Tunnel Gauxholme Railway Bridge Greetland Viaduct Halifax Improvements Acts Halifax Railway Station Hebden Bridge Railway Station High Level Railway Hipperholme Railway Station Hipperholme Tunnel Richard Horsfall Joseph Hoyle Junction House, Norwood Green
Lightcliffe Railway Station Lightcliffe tunnel North Bridge Railway Station North Dean Railway Station Pickle Bridge Line Abraham Crowther Pitchforth Rastrick Viaduct, Bridge End Rawroyds Viaduct, Holywell Green John Riley Ryburn Valley branch line South Parade Methodist Chapel, Halifax Sowerby Bridge railway arches Thornhill Briggs Viaduct Trains Wyke Tunnel Wyke Viaduct The Shaw family of Holywell Green
Malcolm Bull 2017 /
Revised 15:04 on 28th August 2017 / mml1066 / 6