Much of the land and property in and around Shibden Hall – and in other parts of Halifax – was owned by the Lister family
In 1826, when her uncle James with no male heir, Anne Lister inherited Shibden and the estate, which was then around 400 acres. The extent of the estate expanded during her time at the hall.
It was further effectively increased by Crow Nest Mansion and Cliffe Hill Mansion and the Walker family estate when Anne Lister and Ann Walker became partners.
Farms and other property which were a part of the estate included
Bank Top Farm, Southowram Bankfield Farm, Southowram Barraclough Lane, Southowram Brierley Hill, Godley Brookfoot Mill , Brighouse Butterworth End, Norland Coldwell Hill Farm, Southowram Denmark Farm, Shibden Dove Farm, Northowram Dove House, Shibden Field House Farm, Southowram Hilly Holly Brow, Northowram Ireland Farm, Southowram Little Ireland Farm, Southowram Little Marsh, Southowram Lower Brea, Shibden Lower Brear, Northowram Lower Place Farm, Southowram Marsh Delves Quarry, Southowram Mytholm Farm, Hipperholme Mytholm Mill, Hipperholme Mytholm Old Hall, Hipperholme Mytholme Mill, Hipperholme
Norcliffe Farm, Southowram Norcliffe Lane, Hipperholme Northgate House, Halifax Old Godley Lane, Shibden Park Farm, Southowram Park Lodge, Ovenden Pearson Ing Pump Farm, Southowram Robin Close, Southowram Roydlands, Southowram Shibden Grange Shibden Hall Road, Halifax Sougholme, Shibden South Holme Farm, Southowram Stag's Head, Shibden Sutcliffe Wood Farm, Hipperholme Thumpas Farm, Southowram Trough-a-Bolland wood Upper Brea, Shibden Upper Place Farm, Southowram Will Royd, Shibden Yew Trees, Lightcliffe Yew Trees, Lightcliffe
Malcolm Bull 2017 /
Revised 18:28 on 24th December 2017 / mms586 / 7