Joseph Thwaite was the son of Isaac Thwaite.
He was buried at St Anne's Church, Southowram on 3rd October 1854.
At his Funeral, the total cost was £12 10/6d, including
Charges for the use of Best Hearse & pair £1 5s 0d Mourning Coach & pair £1 5s 0d Mourning Coach & pair £1 5s 0d Best Velvet Pall 10s 0d 6 Hoods & Scarfs 6s 0d 3 Black Crepe Hatbands 10s 6d 9 pair Blk. Berlin Gloves 9s 0d 18 pair Gents' Best Blk. Kid do £3 3s 0d 9 pair Ladies' do £1 7s 0d Glove Envelopes 6d Paid for Cards, Plate, Printing etc., £1 4s 8d 4 doz. Biscuits & 2 doz. Fingers £1 4s 10d ------------------ £12 10s 6d ==================
For the Funeral Feast on 6th October 1854
- Adam Priestley supplied 15 gallons of ale for 20 shillings
- John Thwaite provided 39½ lb of Beef and Veal for £1 4/8d
- The shop of Eagland Bray furnished Currants, Raisins, Almonds, Nutmeg and other ingredients for the funeral cakes
- Dozen cigars for 1/10d
- Half-a-pound of tobacco 1/11d
- Quarter Gross of (clay?) pipes for 9d
Revised 08:54 /5th March 2018 / html / 5230
|site search by freefind|