Wyke



District of South Bradford, bordering on Norwood Green and Bailiff Bridge.

At the time of Domesday Book, the land here was held by Scanulf and Westre. It then passed to Ilbert.

The name is written Wike in the 19th century.

The district was a part of North Bierley Urban District and extended down to Bailiff Bridge.

In 1899, it became a part of Bradford, and the area around Bailiff Bridge became a part of Hipperholme Urban District

Some sites, sights and other entries for Wyke



Christadelphian Hall, Wyke

High Fernley Hall, Wyke
Horse Close Bridge, Wyke

Judy Brig, Wyke
Judy Woods

Lower Wyke Moravian Church
Lower Wyke Moravian Graveyard

Manor House, Wyke
Moravian Sunday School, Wyke

Red Lion, Wyke
Ruby's, Wyke



Saint Mary the Virgin, Wyke

Wyke & Low Moor
Wyke & Norwood Green Railway Station
Wyke Band
Wyke Beck
Wyke Congregational Church
Wyke Industrial Store
Wyke Lion, Wyke
Wyke National School
Wyke Old Band
Wyke Railway Station
Wyke Temperance Band
Wyke Tunnel
Wyke Viaduct



© Malcolm Bull 2021
Revised 16:22 / 14th April 2021 / 4348

Page Ref: MMW589

search tips advanced search
site search by freefind