Christ Church, King Cross



Some images of Christ Church, King Cross which later became King Cross New Connexion Chapel

Inscription in the records of Christ Church, King Cross


Christ's Church, Kingcroſs, Built in the year 1826
Opened for Divine Worship Jan 1st 1827;
By the Revd Jonn Akroyd, Incumbent & Proprietor
   
Opened as a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel Decr 28th 1840.
by the Rev Robt Newton President of the Conference.

This image [GNH16.JPG] was kindly submitted by Glynn Helliwell

Christ Church, King Cross

This image [JRR268.JPG] was kindly submitted by John Rushworth

Christ Church, King Cross of 1826, built by Rev Jonathan Akroyd

This image [DG395.JPG] was kindly submitted by David Greaves

King Cross Wesleyan Sunday School after enlargement in 1870

This image [DG1576.JPG] was kindly submitted by David Greaves

The Sunday School for King Cross Providence New Connexion Chapel

[Taken in the early 1900s]

This image [DG1287.JPG] was kindly submitted by David Greaves

The new King Cross Wesleyan Sunday School of 1905

This image [DG1577.JPG] was kindly submitted by David Greaves

Tram Number 66 to the Post Office and Savile Park.

King Cross Methodist New Connexion Sunday School can be seen behind the tram, and Wainhouse Tower behind that

[Taken in 1904]

This image [DG312.JPG] was kindly submitted by David Greaves




© Malcolm Bull 2020
Revised 14:52 /10th December 2020 / 7417

Page Ref: PH1170

search tips advanced search
site search by freefind