The graveyard of Birchcliffe Baptist Church, Hebden Bridge was opened in or before 1816, and is alongside Sandy Gate road.
It is split into three sections:
Some graves were transcribed in 1980 – a copy can be obtained at the Yorkshire Archæological Society – alas only four graves in the first section had survived to be transcribed.
The land is now privately owned.
The following people, and/or members of their family, are recorded here:
- Abraham Astin [1800-18??]
- Cresweller Crabtree [1869-1938]
- John Crossley [1766-1840]
- John Crossley [1794-1861]
- William Crossley [1788-1838]
- Harry Dewhirst [1894-1917]
- Thomas Eastwood [1762-1841]
- Children of William Henry Midgley
- Levi Naylor [1818-1875]
- James Needham [1849-1913]
- Joseph Speak [1792-1855]
- John Sutcliffe [1811-1885]
- Richard Sutcliffe [1780-1837]
- William Thomas [18??-19??]
Page Ref: WW_55
|site search by freefind|