The following documents mention Thomas Stansfeld and members of his family
In 1451, the Park of Erringden was divided and let, and Thomas Stansfeld came to the court and took of the lord a fourth part of the said park as it lay between Birnedakirygate, (Burntacresgate) and Beamonde-cloughe; to hold to him, his heirs and assigns for ever, by service, according to the custom of the manor, paying yearly to the lord six pounds sterling at Michaelmass; and for a fine at entrance, eight pounds six shillings and eight pence.
[Extract from Wakefield Manor Court Rolls, 1 October 1451, transcribed by the Rev John Watson in his History of Halifax, p.511].
The full document showing the others who participated, cane be found on the Erringden Park page
Commission of Oyer & Terminer held at Pontefract in September 1478.
Indictment claiming that on 6 January 1461, on the orders of Sir John Pilkington, his brother Robert Pilkington stole 14 cows from Thomas Stansfeld's property at Wadsworth, and on 8 May 1461 he stole 2 oxen and 16 cows from Thomas Stansfeld's property at Hepton [in Heptonstall].
[The bill of complaint was delivered by Thomas's widow, Isabella, so the indictment names her as the owner]
1457. Indenture of variance: between John Tounley, esq, and Gilbert Legh of Clifton, gent, they being agreed to fulfill ye ordinances awarded by us Ric. Worsley, Laurence Lyster, Thos. Stansfeld and Gilbert Banaster concerning a tenement called Bukclogh in Clevecher. (3 seals)
[Lanc. Archives DDTO O 1/54]
Revised 20:09 /8th April 2020 / x57 / 4248
|site search by freefind|