Churches & Chapels

Q



A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


Quaker Burial Ground, Broad CarrRef 5-Q27
Holywell Green.

Established 1693

See Marsland family burials at Broad Carr

Quaker Burial Ground, HalifaxRef 5-497
Adjoining the Friends Meeting House on Clare Road.

A grave-stone dated 1672 was moved here from an earlier site.

Some of the monumental inscriptions in the graveyard are shown in the CD entitled Halifax Monumental Inscriptions #1

Quaker Burial Ground, HartsheadRef 5-414
See The Sepulchre

Quaker Burial Ground, Highroad WellRef 5-597
The burial ground for Highroad Well Meeting House.

Hannah, daughter of John Elam, was the first burial here [1694].

In 1920, the Meeting House and Burial Ground were sold.

Gravestones – including those of Elizabeth Laycock – were moved to the Clare Road Meeting House

Quaker Burial Ground, RastrickRef 5-Q21
This stood Scar Mill Cliff, Rastrick on the banks of the Calder on a part of Miln Cliff at Birds Royd Lane. It was associated with the nearby Meeting House

It closed in 1880.

The burial ground was cleared by the Brighouse Council in the 1970s with about 35 of the graves being named and recorded. The bodies were removed cremation.

The land is still unoccupied, desolate and desiccated

Quaker Burial Ground, ShoebroadRef 5-Q23
Aka Shewbroad Quaker Burial Ground. The burial ground was opened in 1699.

The Meeting House has gone, but the burial ground remains

Quaker Burial Ground, ShoreRef 5-Q24
The burial ground stands near Shore Baptist Church

Quaker Burial Ground, Sowerby BridgeRef 5-Q25
Sowerby Street / Quarry Hill.

Established 1738 on land given by John Smith of Norland.

See Friends Meeting House, Sowerby Bridge

Quarry Hill Church, Sowerby BridgeRef 5-393
Aka St George's Church, Sowerby

Quarry House Mission, EllandRef 5-885
Church Lane.

The Church was demolished.

Housing now stands on the site

Queens Road Methodist New Connexion ChapelRef 5-401
Recorded in 1905 at the junction of Queens Road / Ashley Street

See Methodist New Connexion Sunday School, Queens Road

Queens Road Primitive Methodist ChapelRef 5-416
Recorded in 1905 & 1915.

 
Ministers at the Chapel have included


 

See William John Bonnett, Queens Road Primitive Methodist Memorial and William John Walton

Queens Road United Methodist ChapelRef 5-Q1

 
Ministers at the Chapel have included


 

See Mackintosh Memorial Homes, John Mackintosh and Queens Road United Methodist Chapel Memorial

Queensbury CemeteryRef 5-878
Lies next to Church of the Holy Trinity, Queensbury and its Graveyard

Queensbury Wesleyan Methodist ChapelRef 5-362
Opened on 21st February 1864.

See Wesleyan Methodist

Queenshead Baptist ChurchRef 5-79
General Baptist Church founded in 1773



© Malcolm Bull 2021
Revised 17:58 / 11th June 2021 / 11011

Page Ref: C109_Q

search tips advanced search
site search by freefind