The graveyard of Lightcliffe Old Church stands at the junction of Till Carr Lane and Wakefield Road.
The Church licensed for baptisms and for burials in 1668.
In 1865, the graveyard was extended.
Till Carr House stood in the grounds of the graveyard. Evan Sutherland-Walker moved the house to its present position, further down Till Carr Lane, in 1865.
|People buried here|
The following people are/were listed here:
James Bancroft Philemon Bancroft William Berry Fred Booth Fred Booth Joseph Lumb Brook George Percy S. Brown Rev Thomas Cox Abraham Drake Hannah Greenwood Mary Guest Rev William Gurney May Hartley William Holland Joseph Alfred Holt Charles Henry Hoyle Timothy Hoyle Christopher Joshua Kershaw John Leeming Hugh Mallinson Jane, wife of John Mallinson William Mallinson Fred Mitchell Joseph Naylor George Edward Potter Herbert Pybus Walter Pybus William Pybus Abraham Radcliffe Charles Radcliffe William Radcliffe William Towne Radcliffe Dr Middleton Scales Samuel Sharp Edgar Sharpe Joseph William Shaw Family of John Shillito John Smith Joshua Smith Sammy Smith Reginald John Sowerby Frederick Clarkson, son of John William Standeven Leonard Sucksmith Rev Richard Sutcliffe Captain George Mackay Sutherland James Tate Matilda Tate William Tate John Walker John Wheelhouse The Walker family of Lightcliffe
The Friends of St Matthew's Churchyard, Lightcliffe have done an an excellent job of clearing the overgrown ground, and of recording the graves at Lightcliffe Church.
See St Matthew's Churchyard Burial Records
See Brighouse Cemetery and Friends of St Matthew's Churchyard, Lightcliffe
Page Ref: QQ_97
|site search by freefind|